Newlands Brewery, dating back to 1820 is the oldest operating brewery in South Africa and the home of great South African beer.
On this fully guided #BeerExperience tour you will discover our stories, gain insights into modern-day brewing methods and appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into the beers. The tour, which takes about an hour, includes a bit of the Brewery history, sustainability and a walk through the process (Brewhouse, Fermentation, Packaging and Warehouse)
The tour includes the Specialty Brewery – Newlands Spring Brewing Company and fittingly ends with a beer tasting and a couple of pints in the brewery’s historic pub.
Pre-booking is required, and #BeerExperience tours are subject to availability. Maximum group size 20 people
#BeerExperience tour times:
Tuesdays to Fridays @12h00
Saturdays @10h00 and 12h00
Closed Sundays, Mondays, Easter Weekend & public holidays.
The tour costs R150 per person (R100 for pensioners and students), payable by card (Master or Visa) only.
Please take note of the following important notes:
· Proof of vaccination or negative PCR test (within 72 hours) required for all members of your party. No vaccination, no tour. Download your vaccine certificate here: https://vaccine.certificate.health.gov.za//
· Masks to be worn at all times
· No under 18’s (including infants)
· No alcohol is to be consumed prior to the tour (random breathalyser tests may be conducted)
· Please arrive 30 minutes early in order to sign in (parking is available at the Brewery, 3 Main Road, Newlands – entrance corner of Main & Boundary Road)
CANCELLATION POLICY – The tour is non-refundable. To reschedule please contact us at least 48 hours prior to your tour.
· Card Payments only, NO cash
· Closed and non-slip shoes such as trainers/ sneakers must be worn for health and safety reasons
· Unfortunately we cannot permit wheelchairs or any persons requiring walking aids (crutches, walking sticks etc)
· No pets
· The above conditions are non-negotiable.
Natural Spring Water used in brewing
200 years of brewing excellence
Old & New working together
Knowledgeable and engaging tour guide