The V&A Waterfront is one of Africa’s most visited destinations with more than 24 million visitors annually. Situated in the oldest working harbour in South Africa, with the iconic Table Mountain as its backdrop, makes the V&A Waterfront is a favourite for local and international visitors.
More than 80 eateries bring a fusion of both international and local cuisine, from rustic al fresco to fine dining. You are spoiled for choice with 12 hotels, over 500 retail stores, five museums and live entertainment 365 days a year showcasing the best local music. Immerse in a wide variety of attractions and activities like sunset cruises, helicopter flights, free audio tours, or visit the award winning Two Oceans Aquarium and much more. Along with 22 heritage sites and tourism landmarks, the V&A Waterfront is also home to Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (MOCAA) – the historic Grain Silo which is home to the world’s largest collection of contemporary art from Africa and its diaspora.
There is plenty on offer for kids – from beautiful play areas and themed boat rides to fun-filled holiday programmes, this is one place kids will always have fun and adventure.
The Canal District links the V&A Waterfront and the Cape Town Convention Centre (CTICC), with water taxis providing an easy transport option between both points. It also reintroduces the old connection between the city, its waterways and the sea along pedestrian landscaped walkways and bridges. The canal introduces a leisure element with kayaking and stand-up paddling events.
Battery Park at the Canal District includes a piazza with paved walkways, benches, a grassed area and indigenous gardens to relax in. Other elements include a skate park, basketball court, eateries and coffee shops.
With all this and even more on offer, it really is no wonder that the V&A Waterfront joins the ranks with Cape Point, Groot Constantia, Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden, Robben Island and Table Mountain Cableway as Cape Town’s Big 6.
- Variety of attractions and activities that includes helicopter rides, leisure boat cruises, stand-up paddling, live entertainment, Two Oceans Aquarium Cape Wheel and much more
- Watershed – Africa’s new home for craft and design with 150 tenants and 360 local brands
- Zeitz MOCAA (Museum of Contemporary Art Africa) – Africa’s most significant museum in over a 100 years
- Ster-Kinekor Cinema which includes a kids theatre and an IMAX theatre
- Over 500 retail stores – diverse offering of local and international brands that guarantee something for everyone shopping in Cape Town, irrespective of taste or budget
- Over 80 eateries – Whether you are looking for a quick bite from our world-class food market or a more leisurely experience at some of our unique fine dining restaurants
- 22 historical landmarks.
- Free GPS Audio Tour called Reinventing the Tavern of the Seas available on the VoiceMap
- A member of Cape Town Big 6
- Battery Park – dedicated skate park, basketball courts and a grassed area for picnic’s and other recreational activities
Looking for the perfect gift? Visit the V&A Waterfront website for a variety of online gift vouchers
Robben Island MuseumNow, Robben Island is a World Heritage Site and museum, offering daily…
0.06 km away
- Arts & Culture
Stir Crazy Cooking SchoolStir Crazy Cooking school offers short social interactive cooking classes. The school…
0.38 km away
- Eat & Drink
Chavonnes Battery MuseumVisitors are invited to time travel to experience the early history of…
0.39 km away
- Arts & Culture