African Budget Safaris
African Budget Safaris is an independent African travel agency based in Cape Town, South Africa. Since 2006, we have been helping thousands of travelers like you to experience their dream African safaris on a budget.
Our small team of local travel experts is passionate about Africa and sharing its joys with budget-conscious travelers. We have traveled the continent flat, from Kenya and Rwanda to Botswana and Madagascar. Together, we have well over a century’s worth of experience in budget African travel, which is why we design and curate the best value-for-money safaris in Africa.
What does African Budget Safaris offer?
- The best affordable African safaris: a massive selection of handpicked, tried-and-tested African Safaris that deliver outstanding value.
- Tailor-made private safaris on a budget: affordable private safari tours and tailor-made custom safaris.
- Best prices guaranteed.
- Flexible booking policies and refundable trip deposits for peace of mind.
- Expert help planning your African safari: friendly and efficient personal service from our experienced travel experts.
Why choose African Budget Safaris?
- Exceptional customer service: rated as Excellent by over 720 clients on Trustpilot.
- Up-to-date travel advice for free
- One-on-one customer support - before, during, and after your safari - at no extra cost.
- Unbeatable safari specials and new travel deals online and in our monthly newsletter.
- Free travel guides to Africa’s top destinations
- Free email course on how to plan your safari.
- Practical travel advice, safari tips, and inspiration, on our blog and newsletter.
- Integrity and service excellence, affirmed by our membership to the South African Tourism Services Association (SATSA), since July 2009.
No.1 for budget travel in Africa: the original budget safari agency and one of the first online travel agents. African Budget Safaris is a reputable and trusted company with an excellent track record.
Where do our African safaris & tours go?
- A diverse range of travel destinations across Africa: from Cape Town and Kruger (South Africa) to Masai Mara and Amboseli (Kenya), Serengeti and Kilimanjaro (Tanzania), Etosha & the Namib Desert (Namibia), the Okavango Delta and Chobe (Botswana) and Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe & Zambia).
- All the best highlights of Southern and East Africa, including the top game reserves, natural wonders, adventure spots, wilderness areas, beaches, cities, mountains, cultural gems and more.
Types of tours with African Budget Safaris:
- A wide variety of African safari adventures designed for families, friends, couples, and solo travelers, ranging from exclusive small-group trips to large-group overland tours.
- Safaris for all kinds of people, from older travelers to young adventure-seekers, families with kids, and everything in between.
- Budget, mid-range, and affordable luxury safari options
- Private safari tours and customized private safaris
- Different camping options: everything from basic budget camping trips to mobile camping adventures and luxury camping tours. Choose from wild camping in the African bush to glamping at luxurious tented camps.
- Lodge safaris: pick from budget to mid-range and upmarket lodges, tented safari camps, boutique hotels, comfortable guesthouses, treehouse stays, backpackers accommodation and more.
- Mixed camping and lodge safaris for the best of both worlds.
Whether you’re still in the early stages of planning a safari or ready to book your trip, we are here to make sure you have the African safari of a lifetime without breaking the bank.