South Africa’s most prestigious and long-standing horseracing event, the 162nd L’Ormarins King’s Plate (formerly Queen’s Plate) will take place on Saturday, 7th January 2023.
Join more than five thousand racing enthusiasts and witness history in the making with Jet Dark potentially winning his third Plate in a row and cementing himself as one of the all-time greats. The day will also see the first ever ladies race, the Okapi Ladies International, with only female jockeys at the helm.
Guests who don their finest in the blue and white dress code could stand the chance of winning the competitions for Best Hat, Best Dressed Man or Best Dressed Woman. Up for grabs are prizes from Cartier, Victoria Gin and Anthonij Rupert Wyne. The grand prize for the Best Dressed Woman will be a trip for two to experience the Qatar Goodwood Festival, one of the undisputed highlights of the British racing season at the end of July 2023.
In addition to the fantastic fusion of fixtures and fashion, attendees can expect food from the best local vendors, fine Anthonij Rupert wines and antique car displays from the Franschhoek Motor Museum, not to mention the legendary after party where international DJ Lora will entertain guests as the sun sets over the racecourse.
Feeling lucky? We’ve got a prize fit for a king. One winner stands a chance to scoop 4x tickets to the Style Village – where the King’s Plate began. You and three friends will enjoy a day of racing, fine Anthonij Rupert wine and local food vendors in this popular area.
Competition Terms & Conditions:
– Prize is not transferrable
– Prize cannot be exchanged for cash
– Transport to and from the event is not included
– Any additional costs incurred on the day is the winner’s responsibility
– Prize is only valid on Saturday, 7 January 2023
– Prize is only valid for four people over the age of 18 years
– Winner will be randomly selected
– Winner will have 6 hours from the time they have been contacted to claim their prize. If the winner does not respond within 6 hours of being contacted on 5 January 2023, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be randomly selected