Together with VoiceMap, Table Mountain Cableway offers listeners two free audio tours to enjoy at home during South Africa’s lockdown. While you can’t visit the mountain right now, these tours will give you a taste of what to expect when doors open up again.
In 2016, Table Mountain Cableway introduced a single audio tour and, on the back of its success and user feedback, they have split it into two tours. The first audio tour is called Lower Cableway Station Audio Guide: In-Queue Entertainment, and the second one is titled Upper Cableway Station Audio Guide: Tabletop Walking Tour. Both tours can be downloaded to your mobile device for free from the VoiceMap application..
About the Lower Cableway Station Audio Guide:
- The self-guided tour is 30 minutes long and covers 293m
- Discover the stories and legends of Table Mountain. You’ll also hear about the Cape Town Big 6 – the city’s top attractions
About the Upper Cableway Station Audio Guide:
- The self-guided tour is 30 minutes long and covers 2km
- Experience the top of Table Mountain like never before on an audio walking tour filled with local insights. You’ll meet the team behind the Cableway, share in the mountain’s secrets, and find out why Capetonians have such a special relationship with this iconic landmark.
- You’ll need earplugs to listen to the audio tours on your mobile device
For a step-by-step guide on how to download the VoiceMap application to your mobile device, click here.
Please remember, the Cableway is closed until further notice.