View your 'My Cape Town' collection through newly added navigational item.
The home of Great South African Beer…since 1820
Newlands Brewery, dating back to 1820 is the oldest operating brewery in South Africa and the home of great South African beer.
On this fully guided #BeerExperience tour you will discover our stories, gain insights into modern-day brewing methods and appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into the beers. The tour, which takes about an hour, includes a bit of the Brewery history, sustainability and a walk through the process (Brewhouse, Fermentation, Packaging and Warehouse)
The tour includes the Speciality Brewery – Newlands Spring Brewing Company and fittingly ends with a beer tasting and a couple of pints in the brewery’s historic pub.
Pre-booking is required, and #BeerExperience tours are subject to availability
#BeerExperience Tour times:
Monday 11am & 3pm (Speciality Brewery only)
Tuesday – Thursday 10am, 12pm & 2pm
Friday 10am, 12pm, 2pm & 4pm
Wednesday evenings 6pm
Saturday 10am & 12pm
Closed on Sundays & Public Holidays
The cost is R80 per person (R50 for pensioners or students) payable on arrival via cash, card or SnapScan
Please note the following:
- Please arrive 15 minutes early in order to sign in (parking is available at the Brewery, 3 Main Road, Newlands – entrance corner of Main & Boundary Road)
- Closed and non-slip shoes such as takkies must be worn for health and safety reasons
- No alcohol is to be consumed prior to the tour
- No under 18’s
- Unfortunately we cannot permit wheelchairs or any persons requiring walking aids (crutches, walking sticks etc)
- Food & Beer Pairing Evenings
- Natural spring water used in brewing
- 200 years of tradition