View your 'My Cape Town' collection through newly added navigational item.
There are few places as quintessentially Cape Town as the V&A Waterfront. The old world charm of the historical harbour meets the most modern shopping experience and the gaps in between are filled with fine dining restaurants, down-to- earth food markets, museums, and more leisure activities than you can count on both hands.
The V&A Waterfront has a romanticism about it that has been attracting visitors since its development in 1988. The 123-hectare property holds a shopping mall, marina, working harbour, and scores of other smaller features.
There is plenty on offer for the kids – from the Hamleys Express train ride from the Cape Wheel to the Watershed, to a ride on the Jolly Roger Pirate Boat and in the School holidays, fun-filled holiday programmes.
When you’ve built up an appetite, take your pick of cuisine, take in the hub of activity of a working harbour while you feast on divine food. Watch a show in the amphitheatre and take a romantic sunset harbour cruise. Finally, as the stars come out and the city lights up, climb into the Cape Wheel for the inimitable 360° view of the marina, the city and the stadium, all framed in the foreground of Table Mountain.
With all this and even more on offer, it really is no wonder that the V&A Waterfront joins the ranks with Cape Point, Groot Constantia, Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden, Robben Island, Table Mountain Cableway and City Walk as one of Cape Town’s Big 7.
- Cape Town’s premier shopping and entertainment destination
- Find boutique stores, fine dining restaurants, food markets, cruise boats, museums, and more
- One of the Cape Town Big 7
- Watershed – Africa’s new home for craft and design with 150 tenants and 360 local brands
- Zeitz MOCAA (Museum of Contemporary Art Africa) – Africa’s most significant museum in over a 100 years *Opening it’s door 25 September 2017
- NuMetro Cinema – first 4DX cinema in Africa.
- Over 450 retail stores – diverse offering of local and international brands that guarantee something for everyone shopping in Cape Town, irrespective of taste or budget.
- Over 80 restaurants – Whether you are looking for a quick bite from our world-class food market or a more leisurely experience at some of our unique fine dining restaurants
- Variety of leisure activities and attractions that includes helicopter rides, leisure boat cruises, stand-up paddling, live entertainment, visit the Two Oceans Aquarium or take a ride on the Cape Wheel.
- V&A Waterfront is home to 22 historical landmarks, learn about the rich history with our Guided V&A Waterfront Historical Walking Tour or the Self-Guided Historical Walking Tour.