Our restaurants and chefs can’t serve you at their premises right now, so while you wait to tuck into their delicious food, they’ve shared some of their best recipes that you can try at home. Once you taste it, you’ll see why we are worth waiting for.
Wade Kearns, Head Chef at Quarter Kitchen at the Portswood Hotel, shared his recipe for Boerewors and Bean Curry. Try making this delicious dish to get a taste of what you’ll experience when you visit our restaurants again.
Watch the video and see the recipe below to try making it at home.
Recipe: Boerewors & Bean Curry
Prep time – 20 min Cooking time 20-25 min
3 tbs Oil
1 tsp Coriander seeds
1 tsp Cumin powder
1 tsp paprika
4 pods of cardamom
4 curry leaves
4 All spice whole
2 tsp Tumeric powder
3 tsp Leaf Masala
1 tsp Ground coriander
2 tsp Tomato paste
Salt – to taste
2 tsp crushed garlic and ginger
800g Boerewors of your choice
1 tin baked beans
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Green chilli
1 Red chilli
1. Heat the oil and then add the onions, garlic, ginger, chilli.
2. When onions are slightly brown add all the spices and cook it through the onions for 3min.
3. Add the water and simmer for about 5-10 minutes
4. Add your portioned boerewors.
5. This should cook for at least 10 minutes before you turn the boerewors and stir the sauce pan.
6. Then stir in the baked beans and allow to cook for further 10 min. Add salt if necessary.
7. Your curry is ready to be served with steamed basmati rice, chutney, tzatziki and poppadum.