Stock up on Spier’s nourishing and delicious food for your pantry, fridge and freezer. Spier Farm Cafe has reopened as a farm store for browsing and collection of produce for nearby residents. A new online food store has been launched for your convenience.
- Chef Hennie’s frozen ready meals — including beef lasagna, bolognaise and bobotie, and vegetarian favourites like aubergine parmigiana.
- Vadas’s sourdough bread, tarts, pies and pastries.
- Farmer Angus’s flavoursome beef, pork and eggs — all from happy animals that are pasture–reared on Spier farm without growth hormones or routine antibiotics.
- A selection of Spier’s acclaimed wines (only for delivery when lockdown regulations permit).
With every purchase you’ll get the satisfaction of knowing you’re supporting the ecosystem of local, small-scale, high–quality producers to which the Spier farm is proudly connected.
How to shop
Either visit the Spier online food shop or head over to the Spier Farm Cafe (open daily from 09:00 to 16:30). You can pick up your online order from the Spier Farm Cafe or get it delivered straight to your door if you live in Stellenbosch or the greater Cape Town area. Delivery is free on orders over R500!
Spier’s food and farming operations adhere to the strictest hygiene protocols. Spier drivers have received training in hygiene and social distancing based on WHO guidelines. Each staff member is temperature tested daily at the beginning of their shift.
Drivers have been instructed not to make physical contact with any customers and maintain a safe distance during drop–off. They wear masks and use hand-sanitiser between deliveries and use a fresh pair of surgical gloves for each delivery.
For your health and peace of mind while you shop, there are extensive social distancing and hygiene protocols in place at the Spier Farm Cafe. These include:
- Use of a mask is compulsory and all shoppers are provided with hand sanitiser upon entry.
- Only 7 shoppers are permitted in the space at a time, and entry and exits operate on a one-way basis.
- A dedicated staff member sanitises all surfaces and fridge handles with a 70% alcohol sanitiser before opening and at least every four hours during the day.
- Point of sale areas are shielded by a transparent “sneeze-guard” which is regularly cleaned.
- All staff members wear personal protective equipment .
- The packing station is sanitised after each shopper’s bag/box has been packed with the purchased items.
Visit shop.spier.co.za to start shopping. As a launch special offer, orders of more than R200 will be delivered for free for the month of May.
For more information on Spier visit www.spier.co.za.