Vondeling Wines – Armajaro Estates
Winemaker, Matthew Copeland, is on the search for the ‘almost perfect wine’, believing that the slight imperfections are what make each bottle of wine all the more special. In order to achieve this, the team makes minimal intervention during the winemaking and maturation process. This Paarl wine farm has also followed the trend toward biological farming and is experimenting with compost teas instead of fungicides on some blocks in the vineyard. Irrigation is also rarely required thanks to their unique situation on the mountain slopes.
Vondeling Wines produced their first vintage in 2005. Today, the boutique wine estate produces nine wines – four whites, four reds and a dessert. The fynbos-rich Paardeberg Mountain area surrounding the estate is home to some phenomenal hikes, so if you’re heading this way, pack in some walking shoes and make a day of it.
- Boutique wine estate and working wine farm in Paarl
- Tranquil Cape-country atmosphere with panoramic mountain vistas
- Nine wine varietals available for wine tastings and purchases
- Tasting Room open Monday to Friday 10h00 – 17h00
- Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays by appointment
- Beautiful venue for weddings and other events