For a cultural experience, visit country art galleries and hunt for a new piece of decor or go wine tasting at one of the beautiful local estates. For the more adventurous, the area also offers hiking routes, mountain biking, and horse riding through the lush green countryside, as well as adrenaline-racing zip sliding experiences.
The historic manor has been tastefully renovated to the highest standard while still maintaining a sense of old-world grandeur. Rooms are each fitted with individually selected decor and chandeliers, while quality cotton linen adorns romantic four-poster beds. The crowning jewel of this boutique heritage hotel is the Honeymoon Suite, fitted with two fireplaces and a bath and shower for two.
- 4-star boutique heritage hotel in Tulbagh, Cape Winelands
- Established 1859
- Just over 1 hour from Cape Town
- Activities include wine tasting, hiking, mountain biking, horse riding and zip sliding
- Amenities include three pool areas, complimentary Wi-Fi throughout, and an in-house beauty therapist
- Kindly also not that Bain’s Barn room does not have the following features as per the other rooms.
- No air-com
- No brekfast – self-catering only
- No pool
- No wi-fi