Tsitsikamma Canopy Tour
Discover the secrets of the spectacular Tsitsikamma Indigenous forest. As you enter the forest you will encounter Hard Pear trees, Giant Yellow Woods and other interesting Forest Flora. Stand next to a giant Outeniqua Yellow wood and feel like a dwarf against this unique creation. You will encounter beautiful Tree Ferns hundreds of years old.
Bird life is abundant (including Knysna Loerie’s and the elusive Narina Trogon), and your guides will explain the ecology of the lush primeval forest.
The Tsitsikamma Canopy Tours is located in the scenic Stormsriver Village just 180 km from Port Elizabeth and 65 km from Plettenberg Bay,
The tour consists of ten slides, and the longest one is 91m long, each ending on a platform constructed in the trees, 30 meters high.
Tsitsikamma Canopy Tours is a fully guided nature experience with a strong emphasis on client comfort and safety. Two trained guides will accompany each group on the 2-3 hour tour. They will provide information about the endemic forest and geology of this unique forest.
Tours include a light meal and refreshment either before or after the tour.
- A first of its kind experience in Africa
- The only Tree Top Canopy Tour operating in an indigenous forest
- Birdlife in abundance, including Knysna Loerie (Tauraco) and Narina Trogon
- Knysna dwarf chameleon that lives in the bushes and trees of the Tsitsikamma Forest
- Beautiful tree ferns hundreds of years old and other interesting forest flora
- All “big” trees in the Tsitsikamma Forests are Outeniqua yellowwoods. This species is the tallest indigenous forest tree and may reach a height of 40m
- Num-Num (Carrisa bispinosa), which is also used as an aphrodisiac
- Spectacular and unique wilderness, and being able to view the emergent layer