St James of Knysna
This seaside village is most famous for the Knysna Oyster Festival, where around 200,000 oysters are consumed each year. Because of its location on the Garden Route, there are many national parks and reserves in the area. It is home to one of the biggest Cape fur seal colonies in southern Africa as well as the wildlife sanctuaries with wolves, cheetahs, birds and majestic elephants. After wiling away some hours at the Knysna African Arts and Crafts Outdoor Market, you can also drop by the fascinating Leisure Isle Art Gallery and the Ian Fleming Gallery.
An exclusive and owner-run country hotel, the luxurious Rooms and Suites at the St James of Knysna are built and catered for elegant indulgence. Dedicated service in both the Manor and the Courtyard ensures your stay is one to remember.
- The Knysna Oyster Festival
- Exclusive and private surrounding on the banks of the lagoon
- Canoes, waterskiing and croquet equipment
- Sundowners on the private jetty
- Amenities include en suite bathrooms, two swimming pools, mini-bars, tea and coffee facilities, satellite TV, bathrobes and hairdryers