Southern Sun Cape Sun
This Southern Sun hotel has a brilliant central location in Cape Town, providing luxury accommodation within walking distance of all major tourist attractions. Scenic views abound with incredible vistas of Table Mountain, Robben Island and Table Bay creating a breath-taking holiday environment.
A short drive will get you to the V&A Waterfront, the premium shopping centre of the Mother City. Explore its huge variety of boutiques, markets, bistros and restaurants before taking a yacht trip around the coast. Travel through the nearby Kloof Nek Pass where the mountains open up onto the Atlantic Seaboard with its pristine silver sands and turquoise waves crashing against the seaside.
Hiking trails up Lion’s Head, Devil’s Peak and the Twelve Apostles are musts for nature lovers as is the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden, its verdant slopes disappearing into the foothills of the mountainside. At the Cape Sun, choose from a selection of five styles of room. Indulge in a breakfast buffet, lunch or dinner at the hotel’s Riempies Restaurant or enjoy some delicious drinks at the New York-style Le Bar and Lounge.
- Near the Blue Flag beaches of the Atlantic Seaboard
- Short drive to the V&A Waterfront
- Close by to many hiking trails up Table Mountain, Lion’s Head, Devil’s Peak and the Twelve Apostles
- Walking distance to many bars, restaurants and cafes
- Amenities include 368 rooms, en suite bathrooms, air conditioning, tea and coffee facilities, complimentary Wi-Fi, fitness centre, spa and satellite TV
- Southern Sun Cape Sun offers some of the best conference facilities in the Mother City.
SOUTHERN SUN CAPE SUN RIEMPIES RESTAURANT
It is the height of convenience due to its excellent central location in the heart of the CBD. Adjacent to the bar, it makes for a brilliant spot for drinks and has a wide selection of classic vintages to please the most discerning connoisseur. Group bookings for special events are available while there are breakfast buffets served daily in its old Cape Dutch-influenced ambiance.
Diners at Riempies are able to enjoy the experience of “live cooking” of their own meals which makes the whole experience quite unique and interactive.
- Cuisine: South African with buffet options
- Ambience: Casual with Cape Dutch influence
- Dress Code: Semi-casual
- Diners can participate in live cooking of their meals
CONFERENCE VENUES AT SOUTHERN SUN CAPE SUN
Themed functions are possible as are special menus to accommodate them, with help from the expert events team.
There is a total of nine options, with the VOC Centre’s large size catering for seminars, launches and banquets while the more intimate Franschhoek Room is perfect for smaller business meetings and gatherings.
- Themed functions and specialised menus are a possibility.
- Can host seminars, product launches, sit-down banquets and smaller business meetings.
- Equipment includes screen, flip chart, notepads and pencils, white board, lectern, small stage, registration table, PA system and data projector.