Simonsig Wine Estate
The latter takes place in an elegant tasting room where you’ll be exposed to a selection of five vintages while on the former you will learn about the creation process and sample a bottle of Kaapse Vonkel, a sparkling wine with delicate floral aromas. For those connoisseurs who are also gourmet enthusiasts, its restaurant Cuvee has a menu filled with local, seasonal produce and exquisite quality meats, poultry and fish, along with fruit and vegetables from the farm’s organic garden.
It also serves as an idyllic location for the perfect wedding with its Cape Dutch-inspired architecture and sweeping lawns. Cuvee also caters to receptions and conferences. Lastly, Simonsig participates in sustainable wine farming while also offering mentorship and leadership programs to its staff and their children.
- Tasting Times: 08:30 – 16:30 Mon-Fri/ 08:30 – 15:30 Sat/ 11:00 – 14:30 Sun
- Sales Times: 08:30 – 17:00 Mon-Fri/ 08:30 – 16:00 Sat/ 11:00 – 15:00 Sun
- Cellar Tours: 11:00 Mon-Sat
- Cuvée Restaurant Times: Closed Mon/ 11:30 – 16:00 (Lunch) Tue–Sat/ 11:30 – 15:00 (Lunch) Sun
- Cuisine: Seasonal, local produce with meat, poultry and fish
- Ambience: Traditional Cape Winelands
- Dress Code: Semi-formal