Saxon Lodge Guesthouse
The guesthouse looks over Gansbaai harbour, with its trawlers leaving and returning with a fresh catch, and uninterrupted views of Walker Bay and the Hottentots Hollands Mountains.
Take a short stroll down to the harbour where you’ll be able to book a Great White Shark cage diving or viewing adventure, a bucket list must-have. While you’re ticking things off, take a quick 1 hour drive to Cape L’Agulhas, the southernmost tip of Africa. Make Saxon Lodge your base as you explore the Cape Overberg and its natural bounty of wine, Fynbos, indigenous forests, beaches, nature reserves, caves and more. In the months around September, you can even watch whales right from your bedroom window at Saxon Lodge.
The guesthouse comes recommended by film crews, including ABC, National Geographic and Discovery Channel. The nine luxury en suite bedrooms are individually decorated and each have a separate entrance for utmost privacy. Enjoy a down-to- earth experience and meet other adventurous travelers in the communal lounge, splash pool and on-site pub and restaurant.
- Luxury guesthouse in Gansbaai, the Great White Shark capital of the world
- Southern Right Whale watching hotspot between July and October
- Located above Gansbaai harbour, offering uninterrupted views of Walker Bay and the
- Hottentots Hollands Mountains
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Amenities include nine bedrooms, a communal lounge and splash pool, and on-site pub and restaurant