Hout Bay is a picturesque fishing village with a fascinating history with the sea, and although it’s much more modernized and popular these days, the ocean’s influence still runs deep. In order to preserve pieces of this history, thousands of maritime artifacts have been worked into Mariner’s Wharf’s decor and design.
Highlights on the extensive seafood menu include mussels mariniere, squid steak and some of the best fish and chips in the Mother City – with accolades to prove it. Beyond the restaurant, you can buy fresh seafood at the Fish Market, or hit the shops and dig for treasures from the largest collection of marine artifacts, souvenirs and antiques in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Visit the maritime-themed restaurants, shops and markets of Mariner’s Wharf
- The first harbourfront emporium in Africa and the Southern Hemisphere
- The largest collection of marine artifacts, souvenirs and antiques in the Southern Hemisphere
- Extensive seafood menu and a fine dining setting
- Thousands of maritime artifacts worked into the decor and design