This category will be awarded to a Cape Town Tourism Member with an innovative and long-term approach to sustainably managing energy, water and waste. Saving water, using energy efficiently and reducing and managing waste are Cape Town’s three environmental responsible tourism priorities.
– The applicant in this category must be able to demonstrate that they have both a track record and plans to reduce their environmental footprint.
– The applicant must also demonstrate environmental management that has made them resilient and prepared to meet future environmental challenges.
– Applicants can show how they have adopted policies and plans for sustainable environmental management, adopted green technologies, empowered staff to support goals and encouraged guests and partners to support efforts.
– They should also report on the impacts of their efforts.
– Complete applicant’s details.
– Answer the two (2) questions in no more than 500 words.
– Attach relevant supporting documents.
– Submit by 17h00 on Thursday, 10 October 2019
– Each category has been assigned two (2) judges who will be responsible for reviewing
– All judges will gather together on judging day to scrutinize and debate the shortlisted
– Through this rigorous process, winners will be voted upon.
– Winners will be announced at the Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, 23rd October 2019.