- This event has passed.
September 27, 2019 @ 9:00 am - September 29, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
The Hermanus Whale Festival, the only Enviro-Arts festival in South Africa, is held annually to celebrate the return of the Southern Right whales to the waters of Walkerbay, Hermanus. These gentle giants are the main attraction, but there are loads to do, eat and drink at the Hermanus Whale Festival – from live music to vintage cars.
Hermanus, known as the best land-based whale watching destination in the world, plays host to thousands of visitors who flock to the seaside resort to exhilarate in the unique natural environment, watch the whales and revel in music, enjoy great food and enjoy the many activities available during the festival.
Over a period of 3 days, accommodations open their doors, restaurants dish up mouth-watering meals and the residents of Hermanus open their hearts in a warm welcome to visitors.
What you can expect at the Hermanus Whale Festival:
The festival combines whale watching from shore and sea with live shows, hands-on family fun, street parades, film, music, seafood, and local produce
- An interactive Eco – Marine Village Tent as our main focus are on conservation
- Eco-Marine talks about whales, penguins, white sharks (shark week)
- Treasure hunt in the Eco – Marine Tent for the kiddies on Saturday and Sunday (12-2)
- Good Hope FM broadcasting live for 3 days at the Whale Festival
- Great food at the festival as well as restaurants in Hermanus
- Quality crafters on Market Square
- Kiddies Entertainment on Market Square
- The popular Street Parade on Saturday Morning
- Whales and Wheels Classic Car Show
- Coke Music Marquee on Gearing’s Point