REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
PRINT PRODUCTION OF THE OFFICIAL CAPE TOWN VISITORS GUIDE 2018
Released: 10 July 2017
Second Release: 17 July 2017
Friday, 28 July 2017
All responses to be hand delivered and to include the following;
x3 printed copies of the your response document
x1 electronic version on a Compact Disc
Projects and Campaign Coordinator
Telephone: 021-487 6835
Cape Town Tourism Head Office
1st Floor, The Pinnacle Building
Cnr Burg & Castle Streets
A printing supplier is to be appointed by Cape Town Tourism (CTT) to execute the printing with storage facility of the official Cape Town Visitors Guide 2018.
The appointment will be for the printing specified herein. The appointment of the supplier will be made by no later than 31 August 2017.
The successful supplier will be based on the following criteria:
- Have experience in printing guides or magazines of this nature
- Have experience and show evidence, in printing large quantities of material (booklets / magazines) over and above 100 000 units in one, in the last 12 months
- Have the necessary support structures in place to handle the printing requirements
- Must be Cape Town based
- Must submit a quotation
- Must submit a BEE certificate
- Must submit a valid Tax clearance certificate
Note that shortlisted candidates may be invited for an information session with our management team. These meetings will take place prior to the announcement of a successful candidate.
The Cape Town Official Visitors’ Guide is published by Cape Town Tourism, the City of Cape Town’s official regional tourism organisation. The official Cape Town Visitors Guide has been produced by Cape Town Tourism annually since 2006. The Guide is used through-out Cape Town and the Western Cape as well as throughout the country to market Cape Town’s tourism offering.
All travel and tourism niches are covered in the guide to fulfil the needs of the local, domestic and international visitor to Cape Town. The guide’s editorial content is well organised and easily accessible. With its ideas for day trips in and around Cape Town as well as suggested itineraries, this valuable compact guide helps tourists make the most of their stay in Cape Town. A pull out section is incorporated into the guide, providing information on the Cape Town events and central map of Cape Town.
Feel free to collect a copy at your closest Cape Town Tourism Visitor Centre.
SPECIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Size: 210 mm deep X 135 mm wide, trimmed
Pagination: Text: 200 – 248 pages (200pp, 216pp, 248pp)
Cover: 4 pages, Spot Matt AQ varnishing on inside cover
Tip in: 12 pages, Matt AQ varnishing throughout
Printed in four process colours throughout
Material: Text: 90gsm UPM Star Matt
Cover: 170gsm Galerie Art Silk
Tip In: 150gsm PMP Art Silk
Binding: PUR bound with cover drawn on and trimmed flush. Tip In – in perforated 1 x vertically, roll folded and tipped in between 2 sections.
Repro: Digital PDF files to be supplied + 3 X printed copies for proofing
Delivery: As specified below, 40% of stock by 13 October 2017. 60% of stock delivered on Monday, 04 December 2017.
Cape Town Tourism
Cnr of Burg & Castle Street
Cape Town, 8001
Tel: (021) 487 6800
Printing as follows: A total of 150 000 units are required as per the print run set out below. Dates subject to change, but will be communicated at least 10 working days in advance.
Artwork to printer
|Print run delivery date||Number of pages (excluding cover)||Quantity
(number of units)
21 September 2017
13 October 2017
Second Delivery: 04 December 2017
Supplier to complete
Please note the following:
- Additional: Please include repro costs for author’s corrections for a black & white and full colour page
- Proof of artwork (printed) X 3 copies must be allowed for in the quotation and received for sign-off prior to print of order. Delivered to client’s address
- Storage facilities must be provided by the supplier, until 2nd delivery date, ie. 04 December 2017.
- Payment for services will be made, 30 days post invoice received, after each print
Supply Chain Management
- Due consideration must be given to the following;
- Statutory legislation and acts governing Cape Town Tourism
- Reliability and integrity of the current Infrastructure
- Independent and objective assistance
- Sustainability and cost management
- Submission Requirements
Your proposal must be set out clearly in no more than 15 A4 pages and the cover page should clearly show;
- Company name
- Physical address
- Key contact name
- Key contact email
- Key contact mobile phone number
- Please consider the following submission requirements:
a. Executive summary: Including a summary of why your company best meets the requirements
b. Response to requirements, including proposed business plan
c. Costs covered under the following;
- Annual estimated cost to meet the requirements
- Any other costs
- Total estimated cost (excluding VAT)
- d. Capacity statement which should cover;
- A statement regarding the availability of sufficient capacity.
- Information regarding number of current contracts.
- e. Company information which should include;
- The management structure
- Ownership details; including BEE Certificate.
- (If relevant) progress against Employment Equity plan targets (in tabular format listing at least the following: date of establishment, current staff profile and progress against targets.
- (If relevant) your South African VAT number
- Valid Tax Clearance Certificate
- f. References which should include;
- A list of recent work undertaken in similar/related fields.
- Name, designation, company name, phone and email addresses of two contactable references.
- g. Please include any other considerations relevant to CTTs consideration and evaluation of your proposal.
- Adjudication of bids
The scoring for this specific contract, based on the value of the contract, will be as follows;
Price and functionality = 90 points
BEE rating and Tax Clearance certificate = 10 points
- Tender evaluation process and timelines
|RFP ISSUED||Monday, 10 July 2017|
|DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS||Friday, 28 July 2017|
|SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES NOTIFIED||Thursday, 3 August 2017|
|INTERVIEWS WITH SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES (TBA, IF NECESSARY)||14-16 August 2017|
|AWARDING OF CONTRACT||Thursday, 31 August 2017|