Experience Cape Town through the lens of a different era at this unique accommodation spot. Train Lodge offers ten vintage railway coaches, originally part of the Rhodesian Railways in the 1950s, and now fully revamped to create comfortable and affordable backpacker living quarters. Look through your personal vintage railway window to stunning views of Table Mountain towering over the city.
Getting around Cape Town from the Train Lodge is a breeze, as the lodge is located in close proximity to major transport nodes in the city, including the My CiTi bus terminal and national touring bus terminal. The lodge is also within walking distance of the Castle of Good Hope, Grand Parade and City Hall.
Enjoy a classic G&T in the Locomotive bar and cocktail lounge, or enjoy a meal from the a la carte menu. The lodge also has a swimming pool and barbeque area for those hot summer days in Cape Town. Whether you choose to stay in a private bedroom or dormitory, this modest, offbeat, backpackers offers a Cape Town adventure like no other.
- Unique and affordable backpacker accommodation inside vintage railway coaches
- Originally used by Rhodesian Railways in the 1950s
- Located in Cape Town city centre, close to major attractions and nodes of transport
- Walking distance from the Castle of Good Hope, Grand Parade and City Hall
- Amenities include a cocktail bar and restaurant, swimming pool and barbeque