View your 'My Cape Town' collection through newly added navigational item.
Simonsig Wine Estate
Settled in a rich, fertile landscape and carrying a proud heritage that goes back to 1968, Simonsig is one of the most popular wineries in the Cape Winelands. Headed by the Malan brothers, they are dedicated to selling the best Stellenbosch wines as well as cellar tours and tastings.
The latter takes place in an elegant tasting room where you’ll be exposed to a selection of five vintages while on the former you will learn about the creation process and sample a bottle of Kaapse Vonkel, a sparkling wine with delicate floral aromas. For those connoisseurs who are also gourmet enthusiasts, its restaurant Cuvée has a menu filled with local, seasonal produce and exquisite quality meats, poultry and fish, along with fruit and vegetables from the farm’s organic garden.
It also serves as an idyllic location for the perfect wedding with its Cape Dutch-inspired architecture and sweeping lawns. Cuvée also caters to receptions and conferences. Lastly, Simonsig participates in sustainable wine farming while also offering mentorship and leadership programs to its staff and their children.
- Tasting Times: 08:30 – 16:30 Mon-Fri/ 08:30 – 15:30 Sat/ 11:00 – 14:30 Sun
- Sales Times: 08:30 – 17:00 Mon-Fri/ 08:30 – 16:00 Sat/ 11:00 – 15:00 Sun
- Cellar Tours: 11:00 Mon-Sat
- Cuvée Restaurant Times: Closed Mon/ 11:30 – 16:00 (Lunch) Tue–Sat/ 11:30 – 15:00 (Lunch) Sun
- Cuisine: Seasonal, local produce with meat, poultry and fish
- Ambience: Traditional Cape Winelands
- Dress Code: Semi-formal