View your 'My Cape Town' collection through newly added navigational item.
Shamwari Game Reserve
Shamwari Game Reserve is a natural jewel, offering 5-star accommodation on 25 000 hectares of privately owned natural terrain in the Eastern Cape, the birthplace of Nelson Mandela. This award-winning game reserve is home to the world-renowned Big Five, as well as a host of other free-roaming wildlife.
Explore nature with a guided safari game drive and experience close encounters with some of Africa’s most exciting inhabitants.
Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway, family holiday or outdoor adventure, Shamwari Game Reserve has something on offer. Guided open-vehicle safari game drives and wildlife interactions are sure to be the highlight of your stay, taking place in the morning or evening, when animals are most active. Other exciting amenities include the Ian Player Rhino Awareness Centre, Born-Free Big Cat Sanctuary, Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre, and Pro Photo Safaris. Of course, in between every adventure, guests can catch a little rest and pampering at the spa.
There are a number of luxurious lodges spotted across this vast, open wilderness. Choose between Eagles Crag, Long Lee Manor, Bayethe Tented Lodge, Villa Lobengula, Riverdene Family Lodge, Sarili Lodge and Explorer Camp, each one catering to a different size group and budget. This beautiful venue is also available for weddings and other functions.
- 5-star accommodation on a malaria-free private game reserve
- Big Five safari game drives
- Other activities and attractions include Ian Player Rhino Awareness Centre, Born-Free Big
- Cat Sanctuary, Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre, and Pro Photo Safaris
- Wedding and special occasion venue
- Amenities include a playground, health and fitness spa, swimming pool, business centre, restaurant and 24-hour room service