View your 'My Cape Town' collection through newly added navigational item.
Lighthouse Farm Backpackers Lodge
Lighthouse Farm Lodge is a 3-star backpackers, located in the sustainable and quaint Oude Molen Eco Village. Less than 10 minutes from Cape Town city centre, this location offers spectacular views of Table Mountain, Devil’s Peak and Lion’s Head.
Whether you’re in your own vehicle or train hopping and using local transport, Lighthouse Farm Lodge is within easy reach of many of Cape Town’s attractions.
Despite being so near to the city, Lighthouse Farm Lodge is a peaceful, quiet and tranquil venue with rivers rolling through some of the last remaining farmland in central Cape Town. When you’re not exploring the city, spend some time at the lodge and be welcomed into a green community and farm village atmosphere. Spend your time meeting like-minded travellers, horse riding or taking a tour of Oude Molen Eco Village, where you’ll learn all about aquaponics, compost and companion planting.
Guests have the option between affordable, self-catering Dorm Rooms, as well as comfortable Double Rooms and Family Units. Bedding and linen are supplied, and guests are invited to make use of the fully-stocked self-catering kitchen, cosy lounge with satellite TV, a secure garden and barbeque area and a wonderful book swap library, perfect for travelling book worms.
- 3-star sustainable backpackers in Oude Molen Eco Village
- Farm village atmosphere with rivers, wetlands and horse stables
- Less than 10 minutes by car from Cape Town city centre, within easy reach of both the N1 and N2 highways, and only 5 minutes from Pinelands train station
- Laundry service and internet connection for a nominal fee
- Amenities include self-catering kitchen, lounge with satellite TV, book swap library, secure parking area, garden and barbeque facility