View your 'My Cape Town' collection through newly added navigational item.
Imizamo Yethu Tours welcomes visitors from all over the world, from curious tourists to large groups of school children. Tours cover a wide spectrum of activities such as the Two Oceans Aquarium, the Castle of Good Hope, Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden, Table Mountain and, most unique and interesting, the township tour of Khayelitsha.
iMzu Tours welcomes visitors from all over the world, from curious tourists to large groups of school children.
Dynamic owner Mzu Lembeni specializes in tours of the two largest townships, Langa and Khayelitsha. As a resident of Khayelitsha, he is able to offer a unique look at the lives of the residents of these townships, filled with interesting stories told with Mzu’s individual brand of humour.
Guests will travel from the City Centre to Langa and Khayelitsha in an air conditioned mini bus and then do a walkabout while interacting with the community, learning about cultural traditions and historical facts.
Sample the hustle and bustle of this unique way of life by trying many of the local offerings, from a Spaza shop and shebeen – an ‘informal tavern’, to the Community Centre where arts and crafts are sold.
Tours include :
• Morning or afternoon half day Township Tours lasting approximately 4 hours.
• Half Day spiritually invigorating Sunday morning Gospel Tour lasting approximately 5 hours – optional lunch with a local family
• Full day Township and Cape Winelands Combo visiting picturesque Stellenbosch.
• Full day Township and Robben Island Combo (dependent on availability of Robben Island tickets) – an unforgettable experience.
• Cycling Tours of approximately 3 hours – a unique experience
• Private tours on request
• School tours on request
As a local with extensive experience and a registered South African tour guide, Mzu Lembeni can give you a unique glimpse into the townships in Cape Town and their peoples.
• Your tour is by a local township resident, thereby supporting Responsible Tourism
• Mzu believes in giving back to the community by supporting many local projects
• Mzu is the author of a book entitled Introducing Cape Town Townships, to further inform and entertain you
• Tours are family friendly – an experience to delight both young and old