View your 'My Cape Town' collection through newly added navigational item.
Grootbos Private Nature Reserve
Grootbos Private Nature Reserve is set between the mountain and the sea, showcasing incredible plant and marine-life on the Southern tip of Africa. This eco-friendly paradise offers 5-star luxury accommodation and views of Walker Bay, home to the Marine Big Five: whales, sharks, dolphins, seals and penguins.
Only two hours from Cape Town and 30 minutes from Hermanus, Grootbos is located between a number of the Western Cape’s tourist attractions, but a stay at Grootbos alone is a highlight on any itinerary. Make the most of 5-course dinners, whale watching, horse-riding, guided walks, coastal and cave tours, as well as 4×4 flower safaris. The name Grootbos, an Afrikaans word meaning Big Forest, is derived from the ancient Milkwood Forests that surround the premises. Your visit to Grootbos also directly contributes to conservation efforts and the development of sustainable nature-based employment for the local communities. In fact, Grootbos is an award-winning world leader in responsible tourism.
Guests can choose from the Garden Lodge, an exotic stone and thatch lodge surrounded by lush Fynbos foliage; the Forest Lodge, with 16 modern, suites embedded in the ancient Milkwood Forest; or the Villa, which comes with 6 elegant suites, a private butler, chef and guide. Each free-standing suite features a private deck and incredible views.
- 5-star luxury accommodation on a Private Nature Reserve
- Eco-friendly, responsible tourism
- Located on the Southern Tip of Africa, home to the Marine Big Five
- Only 2 hours from Cape Town and 30 minutes from Hermanus
- Amenities include an elegant restaurant, lounge, beauty salon, library, children’s entertainment room, pool deck and terrace, horse stables and petting farm