Wine lovers from around the world travel far and wide to visit Groot Constantia, South Africa’s oldest wine producing estate. Here, guests are delighted by cellar and vineyard tours, wine tastings of a number of award-winning wines, a handful of world-class restaurants and the Iziko Museum set up in the historical Manor House.
Jonkershuis Restaurant is renowned for its rustic yet elegant Cape Malay menu and its setting among the ancient oak trees. This family-owned restaurant serves up bistro style versions of some of South Africa’s heritage meals, all made with sustainable and ethical ingredients. Bring the friends and family for some al fresco dining under the oak trees, or bring your partner for a romantic meal of private dining grandeur.
Simon’s restaurant showcases favourites such as crispy pork belly and delicious hamburgers from their setting in between the lush vineyards. A large outdoor terrace offers panoramic views, great for a day of wining and dining under the African sun. During winter, escape indoors to the giant fireplace and tuck into some belly-warming bistro dishes.
- South Africa’s oldest wine producing estate
- Producers of a number of award-winning wines
- Enjoy a day of cellar and vineyard tours, wine tastings, world-class restaurants and the Iziko Museum in the historical Manor House
- Visit Jonkershuis for modern Cape Malay cuisine and ancient oak trees
- Visit Simon’s for a modern bistro menu with favourites such as pork belly and burgers