View your 'My Cape Town' collection through newly added navigational item.
African Culinary adventure at Gold Restaurant
Take a culinary adventure from Cape Town to Timbuktu (with many wonderful stops in between) with a 15-course set menu at Gold Restaurant. Serving up only the finest dishes of African cuisine, Gold also delights its guests with interactive entertainment throughout the evening. Highly rated among visitors, don’t let Gold Restaurant be left off your itinerary.
Your taste safari starts with an interactive Djembe drumming session to build up some appetite before you’re seated in one of the beautiful African-themed dining areas. Your hands will be washed before dining and each meal brought out by a traditionally adorned staff member, who will explain to you the origins of your Cape Malay or African dish. Highlights include a Zambian Zombozza with Lamb and Ostrich, a Tanzanian Mango and Lime Chicken, and a North African Tabbouleh.
Live performances will continue to keep your evening alive and vibrant as you make your way through 15 incredible culinary masterpieces. Traditional performances begin with a praise singer who welcomes guests to the restaurant and introduces the other singers, dancers, puppets and other entertainment. A second performance showcases Africa’s dancing celebration and a third honours the royal African queens. In a beautiful and symbolic crescendo at the end of the evening, the queen scatters 24-carat gold dust on guests to thank them for their patronage.
- Highly rated African restaurant in Green Point
- 15-dish menu with dishes from a number of African countries
- Live entertainment includes a drumming session, singing, dancing, puppets, ceremonies and more
- Cuisine: Traditional South African, Cape Malay, Ethiopian, Tunisian, Mozambican, Malawian, Zambian, Tanzanian, Cape Malay, Egyptian, North African and more
- Ambience: Authentic African