March Holidays and Easter Programmes for Kids
• The One &Only Cape Town is one of the Mother City’s most notable luxury hotels and welcomes families with excellent accommodation, enriching kids’ and teen activities as well as dedicated supervision. The KidsOnly club; for children aged four to eleven, offers activities centred around themed days, arts and crafts and excursions. For the teens aged thirteen to seventeen there is a separate programme of activities and excursions. KidsOnly is open from 10am - 7pm daily.
Bring the family to One & Only Cape Town for Easter and enjoy a decadent Afternoon Tea on Saturday 19, Sunday 20 and Monday 21 April (with a special Kiddies Buffet on Easter Sunday). There will also be an Easter Egg Hunt in front of Vista Bar & Lounge Restaurant at 3pm on Easter Sunday.
Price: Easter Sunday Afternoon Tea – R195 per adult and R95 per child (aged four – twelve)
• The Mount Nelson Hotel will host an Easter Sunday Afternoon Tea either in the lounge or on the lawns. There will also be an Easter Sunday Lunch at Oasis Restaurant.
Price: Easter Sunday Afternoon Tea – R295 per adult, R150 per child (aged four – eleven); Easter Sunday Lunch – R395 per adult, R250 per child (aged four – eleven)
• The V&A Waterfront is hosting an Easter Egg Hunt and Craft Market from 22 March – 7 April 2014.
The Lindt Gold Bunny Maze at Barrow Court gives children (and parents) a chance to meander through a Lindt maze and hunt the hedgerow for yummy Lindor balls. There is no charge to walk through the maze and it is open to the public from Friday, 22 to Sunday, 31 March 2013.
Easter Garden at the V&A Waterfront Craft Market: Kids can enjoy face painting, cuddle and feed furry friends at the ever-popular petting zoo or make masterpieces at the sand art table, there will also be DIY Easter egg and paper mâché egg decorating workshops. Activities are priced individually.
In addition, the Zip Zap Circus is kicking off their free holiday shows at the V&A Waterfront Amphitheatre from 31 March to 3 April, daily at 3pm.
Price: The Lindt Gold Bunny Maze at Barrow Court is free to walk through, activities at the Easter Garden are priced individually, and Zip Zap Circus performances are free of charge
• Robotics Holiday Workshops at the South African Gallery
ROBOTICS AND AVIATION HOLIDAY WORKSHOP (grade 1 - 4)
Learn to make crocodiles, boats and spinning tops; learn about what makes aeroplanes fly; and enjoy a supervised exploration of the Iziko South African Museum.
MINDSTORMS ROBOTICS HOLIDAY WORKSHOP (grade 5 - 9)
Work in teams building and programming Mindstorms robots at the Annexe, South African National Gallery.
Both take place on 2, 3 and 4 April 2014 from 09h00 until 12h00.
Price: R500 for all three days
• Elemental Kids is offering a series of educational holiday programmes where children learn using themes around the natural elements. Earth Element Events takes place from 31 March to 4 April and 7 to 11 April. Fire Element Events takes place from 30 June to 4 July, and Air Element Events from 14 to 18 July. Venues range from Observatory to Kirstenbosch.
Price: R880 per theme or R210 per child per day
Tales of Little Grey Rabbit
Dates: 29 March - 05 April 2014
A 60 minute show starting at 10h30 and sometimes 12h30 on select days of the week.
Price: R60 per person
Storytime 2: Cinderella and the Frog Prince
Dates: 1 – 4 April 2014
Shows at 11h00 and 14h00 each day.
Price: R40 per person
The Rainbow Puppet Theatre (021 783 2063) at Constantia Waldorf School hosts a different kiddies puppet show each month, March being Rumpelstiltskin and in April, The Brave Little Easter Rabbit. Shows take place at 10h00 and 11h15 on Saturday mornings.
Price: R20 per person
The Baxter in Rondebosch is another favourite for parents to keep an eye on.
Released for Cape Town Tourism by Rabbit in a Hat Communications, Tammy White, +27 21 671 2640, +27 73 202 5041, email@example.com.