Cape Town hosts first Getaway Travel Blog Conference
Saturday November 5 will see the Grand Daddy Hotel in Cape Town’s City Centre humming with budding travel bloggers as the one-day Getaway Travel Blog Conference gets under way.
The first Getaway Travel Blog Conference is hosted by Getaway Magazine Travel Blog and Cape Town Tourism. The event caters for both beginner and long-time bloggers, schooling them on everything from writing, photography and website design, to search-engine optimisation and monetisation. Speakers at the event include:
- Editor of Getaway magazine Cameron Ewart-Smith on travel writing for blogs
- Web editor of Getaway Travel Blog Sarah Duff on how to market your blog
- Blogger/editor of Bangers and Nash Dan Nash on how to monetise your blog
- CEO of Cape Town Tourism Mariëtte du Toit-Helmbold on blogging and the tourism landscape
- Travel photographer Russell Smith on travel photography
- SEO strategist at Quirk Tim Withers on fundamentals of SEO – how to get your blog found
CEO of Cape Town Tourism Mariëtte du Toit-Helmbold comments: “The recent E-Tourism Africa Summit made it clearer than ever that online tourism, with a focus on e-marketing, social networking and new media, is the future of travel media and the way in which people will research and book their holidays.
The emphasis of the Getaway Travel Blog Conference will be on practical coaching by some of the leaders in South African travel blogging. Hosted by the Getaway Travel Blog, the ‘Best Travel Blog’ of 2010 – as voted for in the South African Blog Awards 2010 – this event is another demonstration of our commitment to future-fitting the tourism industry.”
Tickets cost R750 per person, R650 if you are an existing Getaway blogger. To book your seat at the Getaway Travel Blog Conference email email@example.com or visit conference.getaway.co.za/travel-blog/