Top five FAQs for your area
Cape Town Tourism’s Visitor Information Centres recorded and collated its data to establish the top five questions asked per area in Cape Town for the period October 2011 to December 2011.
The aim of collecting this information, and indeed of the CTT’s Visitor Services, is to connect visitors and residents to the remarkable experiences and vibrant communities of the city and province a better service thereby maximise spending in the community and encourage repeat visits and recommendations to friends, relatives and social networks.
The questions provide insight into what visitors want to see, do and explore in their area, as well as the type of information we can provide.
Top five questions per area:
Central & Coastal
- Where can I buy tickets for the “Topless” (city sightseeing) bus?
- What is the weather like on Table Mountain and how much does a cable car journey cost? Where can I find information about hiking trails on the mountain?Where can I buy a Table Mountain walking map?
- What are the times for Robben Island ferry?
- Where can I buy the ‘Wild Card’ (Green card)?
- How often do the MyCiti buses operate? Are airport buses in operation?
Cape Town International Airport
- The Top attractions they can visit within Cape Town.
- What type of transport is available from Cape Town International Airport to Cape Town CBD area? Car Rentals-staff then need to give directions.
- Restaurant guide
- What are there for kids to do?
- Information on entertainment life, example club, pubs, etc.
Willowbridge Lifestyle Centre, Durbanville
- Directions within the Centre/Mall.
- Don’t you have brochures for Kruger Park and Kgalagadi or Addo?
- Don’t you have hiking maps?
- Are you guys still open, what time do you close?
- How long have you been here?
- Directions to Stocks and Stocks Building plans department.
- Municipal Hall contact details.
- Monwabisi Beach Chalets (they want to make reservations with us).
- NGO contact details.
- Upcoming events in the area.
Southey’s Vines, Somerset West
- Information/Maps of the wine routes.
- Hiking Trails.
- Directions to Stellenbosch Wine Route or Somerset West Wines.
- Directions to Hermanus / Muizenberg.
- Information regarding the Garden Route.
- What can we do in Muizenberg?
- Directions and prices on attractions like Cape Point & Boulders Beach.
- Where is the Municipality & library?
- Where do you book the colourful house on beach front & how do we get to the beach
- Where is the Zandvlei Caravan park & other caravan parks
- Where’s Rhodes Cottage and Casa Labia museums (very Frequent) so a def top 5
- What is there to do in Hout Bay?
- Do you have a map of Cape Town and peninsula?
- What are the attractions on the Peninsula?
- Where do I find the harbour for the Seal Island boat trips?
- Where do we find the best fish & chips?
- History of Langa which includes political history and the struggle, cultural sites, population of the area, level of education
- Different housing structure of Langa and the history behind.
- Cultural practises such as traditional healers/Sangomas and their predictions, performed rituals, tasting of traditional beer and sheep’s head.
- Guga s’thebe: History of when it was built, who were involved, how many project. Any community members involved and who benefits from these projects.
- Businesses around the area, schools, municipality buildings, churches and places of safety for children and adults.
- Where can I get a Kirstenbosch map?
- Can I have a map of Table mountain hiking trail from starting from Kirstenbosch?
- How long would it take me to get on Table Mountain from the garden?
- Can I buy tickets for the summer concerts held on Sundays in the garden from you?
- What can I do in Kirstenbosch and how big is the garden?
- Directions in and around Cape Town
- Information of restaurants, guest houses, hotel/ B&B, municipal offices, local schools and libraries, orphanage and old age homes, community halls and play grounds
- Directions to Boulders Beach & Cape Point
- What to see & do in Simons Town
- If guests arrive by train in Simons Town, would like to know the cheapest mode of public transport to use to Cape Point
- Accommodation & tour bookings in Simons Town
- Looking for a car rental company