Tourism services update – May 2012
Visitor services update:
1.1 VIC Network excluding accredited offices
• The VIC network (excluding the accredited VIC’s) achieved 9 051 walk-in visitors during May 2012, of which 4 423 were domestic and 4 628 were international visitors. This is a 12% decrease month-on-month. May shows a decrease of 8% in domestic visitors and a 15% decrease in international visitors.
• The top domestic contributors to the visitor numbers were Western Cape (70%), Gauteng (11%) and Eastern Cape (5%).
• The top three contributors to international visitor numbers were Germany (21%), Europe (19%) and the UK (17%).
• The VIC network (excl accredited VIC’s) achieved 2 888 enquiries during May 2012 of which 2 306 were telephonic enquiries and 582 were email enquiries. This is an 11% decrease month/month. Email enquiries shows a slight increase month on month.
1.2 VIC Network including accredited offices
• The VIC network (including the accredited VIC’s) achieved 22 356 walk-in visitors during May 2012, which is a 2% increase month-on-month.
• Total enquiries amounts to 12 354, of which 11 614 were telephonic enquiries and 740 email enquiries. This is a 5% increase month-on-month.
Industry services update
A total of 176 member care communications were recorded for May, which include emails, office calls and telephonic interactions.
Be sure to check out the deals that members are offering visitors this winter – refer your guests to some super value adds for accommodation, attractions and activities.
Cape Town Tourism has over 1000 accredited establishments to choose from. Find your perfect match and get booking now.