Indaba 2010 Announcement
After successful negotiations between Cape Town Tourism, Fedhasa and Cape Town Routes Unlimited, South African Tourism (SAT) has agreed to accommodate the Cape Town and Western Cape exhibit in the Durban Exhibition Centre. We will be situated directly opposite the SAT stand. The Southern African Development Community countries will be in the tented pavilion.
Cape Town Tourism wishes to thank its members as well as Fedhasa for the support and valuable input received on the Indaba Questionnaire sent out earlier this year.
The majority of members raised concerns with the location, lay-out and accessibility of the Cape Town and Western Cape Pavilion in comparison to the permanent exhibition halls where all the other provinces and regions are located. More than 50% of members indicated that they would prefer to exhibit in the ICC or DEC.
Specific concerns raised were:
1. Low foot traffic to the Cape Town and Western Cape Pavilion.
2. A tented exhibition area does not do justice to Cape Town and Western Cape region and the high-quality tourism experiences on offer.
3. The ICC and DEC are frequented by more serious buyers.
4. Insufficient branding and marketing of the Cape Town and Western Cape Pavilion by the organisers.
5. The lay-out and floor planning is not exhibitor friendly.
6. More and more exhibitors from Cape Town and Western Cape are moving out of the tent to exhibit as groups or part of groups within the ICC or DEC, which means that the Cape Town and Western Cape presence is diluted.
Discussions on Indaba 2010 are under way with Cape Town Routes Unlimited and SAT to ensure that the show is a successful platform to promote Cape Town and the Western Cape to the world. We will keep you informed on progress and Indaba-related news.
Please contact email@example.com for enquiries on Indaba 2010.