Events Coordinator – 6 Months Fixed Term Contract
Key Performance Output
The candidate will be responsible for full coordination and administrative duties within the events department, ensuring the smooth and successful roll-out of joint agreements and able to build good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders of the Company.
The key outputs are:
- Full coordination in the roll-out of event support at exhibitions and events supported
- Communication with relevant departments on marketing support
- Organising, setting up and minute taking at all event related meetings
- Handling queries and providing feedback to event proposals on support offered
- Handling all related logistics, specified in joint agreements, at events supported
- Organising media accreditation for event bloggers and photographers at events
- Assisting with roll-out of marketing campaigns
- Attending meetings with event organisers and follow-up with action / project plans
- Recruiting quotations, processing of invoices, and working within a specified budget
- Handle all administrative duties within the events department
This position requires an individual with solid experience in event and exhibition coordination. Excellent verbal/written communication and numerical skills is a prerequisite. Advanced computer literacy combined with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interface in a positive manner with CTT staff, members of the industry, clients and stakeholders.
The successful applicant will be based at the Cape Town Tourism Head Office in the Pinnacle Building, Burg Street and the expected commencement date is 1 March 2012 or sooner.
Technical Skills and Experience
A Marketing/Business Events degree or equivalent with a strong Events Coordinating course component. At least 4 years related working experience with at least 2 years’ experience in event organizing position. Time management and ability to meet deadlines essential. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and establish priorities for self and team. Candidate will need to be able to attend events and other off-site functions, after-hours if relevant.
The candidate will have to speak and write at least 2 of the official South African languages fluently, of which one must be English. Code 08 driver’s license and own transport required.
Applications and Enquiries
The position will be filled in line with Cape Town Tourism’s Employment Equity Policy.
To apply, please submit your CV with a letter of motivation, your salary expectation and at least three contactable references to: email@example.com.
No telephonic enquiries will be attended to and only short-listed candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
Closing date is Monday, 16 January 2012.
Download the full PDF here