ERMD’s Mandela Day activities in photos
The City of Cape Town’s Environmental Resource Management Department celebrated Nelson Mandela International Day on Wednesday July 18, 2012, by adopting Gege’s Crèche in Langa and assisting it with a host of charitable projects.
The department aims to support the crèche and contribute, on a long term basis, to improving both the facilities and quality of life of the children. The crèche looks after about 60 children, ranging from babies to five-year-olds.
As part of their Mandela Day contribution on July 18, they undertook the following projects:
• Painting the entrance walls with a mural
• Painting the associated play park wall with a mural
• Planting trees in the play park
• Hosting a lunch and fun event for the kids
• Hanging doors and curtains
• Donating and installing a flat screen TV and DVD player
• Handing over potties, scooters, DVDs and various other items
For more information about the ERMD’s projects, please visit www.capetown.gov.za