Cape Town Tourism (CTT) is the official visitor, industry and destination marketing agency for the City of Cape Town. We promote private-public partnerships, sustainable development and service excellence in tourism. We serve a membership base of approximately 2700 businesses, operate a current and growing network of 18 official Visitor Information Centres.
Cape Town Tourism operates a dynamic industry membership programme that works on the basis of partnership and is aimed at all businesses, large and small. It provides a wide range of benefits that are designed to produce tangible results for your business. Membership is available to all sectors of tourism and related services industries as well as business at large. We can create a package to suit your business and promotional needs as well as your budget.
The programme is focussed on business in the City of Cape Town. However, if you are located outside of Cape Town, you may join Cape Town Tourism as an affiliate member to gain access to the many benefits of membership and promotion through Cape Town Tourism’s channels. You should to be a member of your primary local tourism office or alternatively speak to us about your other options.
We have a dedicated membership team with relationship units to service your needs. Your membership team member is allocated to you according to the area your business operates from or the type of business.
The membership programme generates a small, but valuable percentage of our funding and we encourage members to actively engage with us to maximize the return on your contribution.
Visit our membership section of the website.
The Pinnacle Building, Cnr Burg & Castle Streets
Tel: (021) 487 6800
Fax: (021) 487 6899
Key benefits of membership
- Use of the official member of Cape Town Tourism logo, an annual membership certificate, decal and membership card.
- Numerous promotional opportunities including brochure display at our VICs, a listing and links from our website, exposure at Major Events, Conferences, Trade and Travel Shows as well as various campaigns and promotional opportunities.
- Business support ranging from assistance in sourcing destination images to help with star grading and road signage applications.
- A referral and booking service and a staff product knowledge programme
- Regular networking functions and relevant industry communication.
- Discounts with selected preferred service providers.
Our rates are divided into categories depending on the type and size of your business. They range from R350 per year for businesses in their first year to R15,000 for hotel groups. Our billing cycle for the annual membership fee is from the 1st of September until the 31st of August. On joining Cape Town Tourism, a once-off R400 joining fee is charged. If you join during our membership year, your membership fee is calculated on a pro rata rate up until the end of August.
- Complete an application form, sign the declaration and attach any additional membership documentation required for the membership category.
- Fax or email the application form and pay the relevant fee.
- Your membership application will be accepted or rejected based on the criteria for membership.
- All successful applicants will receive an invoice for the applicable membership fee(s).
- On payment of the invoice, your membership will be activated and you will receive your welcome pack.
Only once full payment is received will your information be entered onto our systems. You should receive a follow-up call within four weeks of joining regarding items such as your website listing, brochure display, and our booking systems (if applicable). You should also receive our regular email and sms communication (if selected) and be informed of various promotional opportunities.
We look forward to having you as a member of the Cape Town Tourism shortly and working with you to promote the incredible experiences that Cape Town and the Western Cape have to offer.