- Cape Town is once again crowned top city in Africa and the Middle East!
- Muizenberg featured as one of the 20 best Surf towns by National Geographic.
Table Mountain Aerial Cableway has recently introduced a short code messaging system that allows for updated information on the Cableway’s operational status and weather conditions. You can now SMS the keyword ‘Cableway’ to 42101 in order to get the latest weather conditions, which are updated on an hourly basis (SMS costs R1.50).
South African Airways (SAA) was announced as the host of the 2013 International Air Transport Association (Iata) annual general meeting (AGM) and World Air Transport Summit (WATS). The event will take place at the Cape Town International Convention Centre from June 2 to 4. It will be the first Iata AGM to be hosted by an African airline in more than 20 years, the last such event having been held in Nairobi, the Kenyan capital, in 1991.
The Federation of South African Tourist Guides Associations (FSATGA) has announced that the Cape Tourist Guides Association (CTGA) has won the internal provincial bid to host the 2015 World Federation of Tourist Guides associations (WFTGA) conference. The FSATGA will take the CTGA bid to Macau in January 2013 where it will be presented as an international bid against the other international bidding countries.
- The Federation of South African Tourism Enterprise Development (Department of Economic Development & Tourism) is partnering with Economic Empowerment to help Exempted Micro Enterprises (EME's) and Qualifying Small Enterprises (QSE) acquire a BEE certificate. BEE Empowered is the appointed verification agency who will be conducting the rating. If your company is an EME or QSE, they would like to afford you this opportunity to get your company rated. Contact Adrian Solomons, CTT’s Business Support Consultant, on 021 487 6800 or via e-mail at Adrian@capetown.travel to request the application form and criteria for application or simply to assist you with more information.
The TCD Trust is making a difference for the Red, Green & Gold crèche in Philipi on Mandela Day by combining the strength of the tourism community’s 67 minutes. Things to do include reading to the children, donating quality educational toys, gardening around the crèche, cleaning the grounds etc. Contact Bronwen Wetton, Trust Manager, on 021 794 2676 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can make a difference every day.
- Have you registered as a Toolkit user yet? Register now and gain access to member-only functions including use of templates and advertisements that can be custom-made for your clients.
- Cape Town will play host to the Getaway Travel Blog Conference for the second year on Saturday, August 4, 2012 at the Upper Eastside Hotel in Cape Town. Tickets are R750 for the general public. We have negotiated a discounted rate of R650 for our members. The cost of the ticket includes lunch and refreshments during the day. To book tickets, email email@example.com or call Sarah Duff on +27 21 530 3262. Please quote your membership number to claim your discount.
- A special winter deals section has been created on www.capetown.travel and we continue to communicate the special offers listed here through our digital platforms. Upload your deals in three easy steps – click here to find out how.
- Cape Town Tourism recently hosted a Presentation by Tripadvisor that covers the Traveler Today and Tripadvisor’s role in online tourism marketing. The two hour interactive session highlighted market research and trends, how travellers plan and book, how they engage with content and the ways in which Tripadvisor links people to product. To download a copy of the presentation click here