Access to market and promotional opportunities is a key requirement of tourism businesses. Cape Town Tourism facilitates several promotional opportunities during the year.
Cape Town Tourism’s marketing objective is to deliver creative, targeted and cost-effective activities to a mix of market segments that will improve the growth of all-year-round business and geographical spread across the city.
Please review the details of marketing opportunities that are included in your membership fee and those that are available for an additional cost.
Standard opportunities include:
- Brochure display – Tourism business members can display brochures at selected Cape Town Tourism Visitor Centres.
- Digital media platform – A listing on the official Cape Town Tourism digital media platform.
- Marketing material – Access to copies of official marketing and visitor material including the official Cape Town Visitor’s Guide and maps.
- Online opportunities – Inclusion of your business information in the various online platforms including www.capetown.travel and the digital media platform.
- Press and familiarisation trips – As a member you will have the opportunity to co-host or get involved in Cape Town Tourism’s guest and media relations programme.
- Marketing toolkit – This includes access to images, presentations, video and other marketing material.
Opportunities available at an extra cost include:
- Advertising opportunities – For members only, there are opportunities to advertise on the official Cape Town Tourism website, in the official Cape Town Visitors’ Guide and the official digital media platform. Click here to find out more about online opportunities (right-click the link and select 'Save As' to download the PDF)
- Shows and exhibitions – We have a presence at leading trade and consumer events both in South Africa and overseas. Members can get involved at a fraction of the cost of exhibiting at these shows solo, either by joining us on the stand or by distributing their marketing material.