Keeping in touch
- Roaming mobile network services are available in South Africa.
- If you wish to join a South African mobile network, you can buy or hire a cell phone at the airport or at most of the major shopping centres.
- Blue public phones operate on coins (50c, R1 and R5 coins are best), while green public phones operate with local Telkom phone cards, which you can purchase in a variety of shops and post offices. Most public phones advertise the closest sale point.
- Local couriers can help you ship your purchases home and deal with formalities. Check with Cape Town Tourism Visitor Information Centres for contacts.
- Postage stamps are available at Post Offices, as well as at some Cape Town Tourism Visitor Information Centres.
- Internet café charges are reasonable. You will find internet café facilities at some Cape Town Tourism Visitor Information Centres.
- Many hotels and accommodation establishments have wireless internet connections. Ask before you book.
Contact Cape Town Tourism for more advice:
Phone: +27 (0)86 132 2223
Facebook: I ♥ Cape Town