General opening hours
- Most shops and businesses are open between 09h00 and 17h00 on weekdays and on Saturdays until 13h00.
- Major malls tend to stay open later: up to 21h00 during the week, on weekends and on most public holidays.
- Government agencies keep to limited weekday only hours, often closing around 15h00.
- Most banks close at 15h30 weekdays, but are open on Saturday mornings (from around 09h00 to 11h00).
- Muslim-owned businesses close between noon and 13h00 on Fridays.
- Most stores, cinemas and restaurants are open on most public holidays. The exceptions are Christmas Day, December 25 and New Year's Day, January 1.