Accolades and Awards
Cape Town is one of the world’s top places in which to holiday, live, work and play.
We encourage you to use the city’s accolades and awards to assist you in marketing the destination to your clients and potential clients.
Cape Town is considered one of the best places in the world for both residents and tourists, but don't just take our word for it – see below for a list of the awards and accolades that Cape Town has received:
- Cape Town included in in CNN's Top 10 Cities List for 2015
- Conde Nast Traveler names Cape Town as one of the top five eco-friendliest cities in the world in 2015.
- Cape Town ranked number 10 in the Top 25 Destinations in the World by Tripadvisor in 2015.
- In 2015 Cape Town is one of 22 cities included on a special edition, travel themed Monopoly Board, Here & Now.
- Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden named International Garden of the Year by the Garden Tourism Network (IGTN) 2015.
- National Geographic named Clifton Beach in Cape Town as number two on its top 10 list of beach cities in the world in 2015.
- Cape Town is included in the top 10 places to visit in the world 2015 by Traveller’s Choice
- Cape Town named one of the World's Best Food Cities for Conde Nast Traveller’s Readers' Choice Awards for 2014
- Voted the Best City by The Telegraph UK’s readers, third year in a row as part of their official Telegraph Travel Awards 2014
- Two Oceans Aquarium listed as number ten in the Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice Zoo and Aquarium Awards in 2014.
- Listed as the 4th best city in the Top 25 Cities in the World and as the 8th Friendliest City in the World by Conde Nast Traveler in 2014.
- Table Mountain announced as a New7Wonder of Nature
- Announced World Design Capital 2014
- Eight Cape Town beaches and three marinas are awarded full Blue Flag Status for 2014/ 2015
- Named as Africa's Leading Destination at the World Travel Awards 2014
- Named as Africa's leading cruise port at the World Travel Awards 2014
- The Most Beautiful City in the World by Buzzfeed 2014
- Second best city for Restaurants and Helpful Locals by TripAdvisor World City Survey 2014
- Best Place to visit in Africa and The Middle East by US News.
- World Wide Fund for Nature’s (WWF) Global Earth Hour City Capital for 2014
- Number One, New York Times 52 Places to Go in 2014