Wonderful Winter, Spectacular Spring
Cape Town Tourism and Thompsons Holidays are offering great value for money packages to visit Cape Town during May – September 2014. Choose from a wide selection of packages, including fly-in packages from R3,257 per person and accommodation and self-drive packages from R1,030 per person.
Love Cape Town City Breaks, fly-in packages from R3,257 per person – includes return flights from Johannesburg or Durban, airline levy, 2 nights’ accommodation at the 3 star Protea Hotel Sea Point and 2 days car rental.
Live in the Western Cape? Check out our self-drive packages from R1,030 per person – includes 2 nights’ accommodation in a 4* hotel in Cape Town, with added extras including complimentary daily breakfast and parking.
May to September is a great time to visit the Mother City. With some seriously lekker discounts, winter and spring means fantastic value for money. Make the most of your trip to the Mother City and check our great special offers, giving you a valid excuse to spoil yourself a bit!
Top 9 things to do this winter season!
Did you know that the Mother City offers a range of activities that are best experienced over Winter?
1. Special Deals and Offers = Get more bang for your buck as many hotels, restaurants, tour operators and attractions discount their rates heavily. Not only do you get great value for money, but low season also means fewer tourists, less traffics and no queues!
2. Mild, cooler weather - Are you worried about the weather in Cape Town during this time? Don’t be! The fact is that the city enjoys a mild Mediterranean-type climate with daytime temperatures averaging a maximum of 18 – 20 degrees Celsius.
3. The Luscious Green Season - World-renowned for its splendour, Cape Town’s nature scene truly comes alive with Table Mountain and surrounding ranges at its spectacular best. It’s the absolute ideal time to grab your camera and go out for a hike, viewing the many waterfalls and streams.
4. Adventure Sport Activities - The cooler weather, bigger waves and wind conditions are the perfect combination for all sorts of surfing. With paragliding, the calmer wind and warm airstreams will keep you up in the air for longer.
5. Shark Cage Diving - The absolute best time to do shark cage diving is in winter, with a 99% success rate due to the fact that sharks are particularly active in their feeding behaviour and the visibility of the ocean being at its best.
6. Cosy Feasting Experiences - Choose from hundreds of restaurants offering comforting eating experiences, many with cosy fireplaces, atmospheric views and special winter deals. During the day, explore the variety of bustling indoor markets or visit one of our world-class wine farms for a food and wine pairing.
7. Whale-watching Season - July to September is the peak calving season for whales, which means you are guaranteed many opportunities to spot the worlds’ biggest mammal. Take a drive along the False Bay Coast or visit Hermanus – the whale capital of the world.
8. Relaxing Spa Experiences - Refresh, renew and revive your body and mind by visiting one of the city’s many luxurious spa’s. It’s the perfect way to warm-up and unwind, whilst you experience an African-themed pampering.
9. Flower Season in Bloom - Travellers from around the world come to the Cape in August and September to witness a natural spectacle when millions of beautiful wildflowers start blooming for spring. Travel an hour north out of the city, to enter the South African floral region, a UNESCO World Heritage site.