February 03, 2009
Win great prizes in our Cape Town love story competition
Submit your romantic Cape Town story to be published on our blog and stand a chance to win these fabulous prizes:
- 1 night’s accommodation for a couple who are deeply in love at the Cape Royale, Green Point, in addition to a free massage voucher for the Equinox Spa, a dinner voucher and 2 tickets to go up the Table Mountain cableway.
- 1 night’s accommodation for a couple who is celebrating a love that lasts at the Lord Charles Hotel, Somerset West, including breakfast and 2 tickets to go up the Table Mountain cableway.
- 2 nights’ accommodation for a couple who has recently decided to commit to loving each other forever at Brooklands House, Rondebosch, including breakfast and 2 tickets to go up the Table Mountain cableway.
- Your blog submission should be along a romantic or Valentine’s theme, that must have some connection to Cape Town.
- Your submission should be original and interesting – the more personal the better
- Judging will take into account the quality of the writing and how the romantic theme was interpreted
- By sending us your post, you are automatically agreeing to it being published on our blog. No payment will be made for this
- Posts may be edited for quality and stylistic purposes
- Submissions should be no longer than 500 words
- Providing a photo or illustration for your piece will count in your favour
- The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into
Some ideas for blog posts in this competition
- Write an anecdote about a personal experience
- Compose a love poem or letter
- Write about a particular “love landmark” in Cape Town, and why it is special
- Anything else you like!
Please email your entries by 5pm on February 12 2009 to firstname.lastname@example.org.