March 20, 2012
Win an Inspirational 2013 Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon trip to Cape Town!
Inspirational Cape Town has it all: beautiful views, breathtaking running routes and a never-ending melange of fun and exciting things to do.
This year, Cape Town Tourism and our partners are giving you the opportunity to win an all expenses paid inspirational trip for two to the Mother City, including flights, accommodation, car rental and city experiences, as well as entries into the world’s most beautiful marathon, the 2013 Old Mutual Two Oceans Ultra Half or Full Marathon.
Drive around the city in style with a hot car rental, rest your hard-working body in luxurious hotels in and around the city and carbo-load for the race day with gourmet meals at the Gold of Africa Restaurant. Enjoy a trip up our New Wonder of Nature with the Table Mountain Aerial Cableway and take in the iconic attractions of Cape Town with the City Sightseeing tour bus.
If adrenaline pumping adventure is what you're looking for, book a paragliding flight, try waterskiing or a scuba diving experience.
For your chance to win this fantastic prize, simply visit our stand at the 2012 Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon Expo at the Good Hope Centre from April 4 to 6, 2012, and complete an entry form or visit www.capetown.travel for more info.
The thrilling prize includes:
- A one night stay at the Grand Daddy Hotel in the city centre (includes accommodation, breakfast, carbo-loading buffet and entrance to live entertainment event)
- A two night stay at the Vineyard Hotel&Spa in Newlands (includes accommodation, breakfast, a wine-paired dinner and transfers to and from the marathon)
- A two night stay at the Westin Cape Town Hotel (includes accommodation, breakfast, access to the Arabella Spa and complimentary scheduled shuttles to and from the V&A Waterfront)
- A Blue Rock Cable Water Ski & Scuba Dive experience (includes entrance fees, skiing vouchers and equipment rental)
- Table Mountain Aerial Cableway tickets
- City Sightseeing Cape Town bus vouchers
- Four Paraglide SA hopper flights
- A tantalising dinner, with interactive entertainmen,t at the decadent Gold of Africa Restaurant
- Rental of a vehicle, courtesy of First Car Rental
Terms and conditions for the 2013 Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon competition as follows:
1. Cape Town Tourism is the sponsor of the prize for the competition.
2. No staff member of Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon or Cape Town Tourism and/or any of its associated or affiliated companies and/or agencies, and staff members or their immediate family, may enter the competition.
3. The competition winners shall be chosen in terms of a random draw of all entrants who have successfully entered the competition and answered the qualifying question correctly, where applicable. Competition entries will also be collated in other advertising and promotional mediums.
4. The entrant warrants that he/she is capable of running a marathon being 42.2km in distance. Entrants must be at least 16 years of age. Ultra marathon: minimum age 20, qualifying marathon in under 5 hours, member of an athletics club affiliated to ASA. Half marathon: minimum age 16.
5. The competition closing date is January 31, 2013, and winners will be notified telephonically and by email on February 5, 2013. If the winners still cannot be contacted (voice mail excluded) by close of business on February 6, 2013, Cape Town Tourism reserves the right to reallocate the prize awarded, or to forfeit the prize. In case of unavailability of any prize, Cape Town Tourism reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
6. The winners have five days from being contacted, as per condition number five above, to accept their prize. If this is not adhered to, Cape Town Tourism reserves the right to reallocate the prize awarded, or to forfeit the prize.
7. Cape Town Tourism will not accept responsibility for loss of entries through technical fault, transmission delays or incomplete entries.
8. In the event of unforeseen force major circumstances arising, which may result in cancellation of the 2013 Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon, Cape Town Tourism reserves the right to offer alternative prizes.
9. Each prize winner will receive one place in the 2013 Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon or Half Marathon event. This is a prize for the 2013 event only; it is not transferable to future years and is non-refundable.
10. Prizes are not transferable and no substitutions or cash equivalents are permitted. If the prize is not claimed within the specified time limit the prize will be forfeited. Entrants waive the right to claim as a cost of winning any prize, any or all costs or expenses associated with redemption or travel to redeem.
11. The prize must be taken, and travel completed, as per the dates of the prize. Blackout dates and restrictions may apply. Dates will be set and communicated upon notification.
12. By entering the prize draw, entrants will be deemed to be bound by and have accepted these terms and conditions.
13. Entrants agree that if they win, Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon and Cape Town Tourism and anyone providing a service to Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon and Cape Town Tourism related to the management, co-ordination or fulfillment of the prize, shall have the right and permission to use their names, voices, cities/counties of residence, photographs, and/or likenesses for publicity purposes. Entrants agree that the name and country of the winners will also be available on the Cape Town Tourism website.
14. Cape Town Tourism and its sponsors may use any entrant information obtained in this promotional competition for purposes of conducting further promotional communication.
15. Entry warrants that winners are able to manage their personal and professional affairs in order to attend the prize event, which includes attending the Marathon Expo prior to the race day.
16. Cape Town Tourism and its affiliates and / or sponsors accepts no liability for any personal injury or illness sustained while each of the prize winners are training for, travelling to, or competing in, the 2013 Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon.
17. Each prize winner agrees to undertake a medical examination with a qualified practitioner, such as their registered GP, prior to commencing a training programme for the 2013 Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon. The cost of this examination will be for the winners own account.
18. It is each prize winner’s responsibility to inform Cape Town Tourism of any medical condition which will prevent them from taking part in, or completing, the 2013 Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon.
19. Cape Town Tourism accepts no liability for any unforeseen event which results in the 2013 Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon being delayed, cancelled or rescheduled.
20. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence in this regard, will be entered into.
21. Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressor.
22a. The Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon promotion winner will be drawn and shall be entitled to the prize as described.
22b. All expenses not expressly stated in the package description, including but not limited to, meals,ground transportation, passport and visa fees, security fees, travel insurance costs, taxes, petrol or otherwise are the responsibility solely of the winner. Cape Town Tourism will not replace any lost or stolen vouchers or certificates.