March 08, 2012
Win an Inspirational 2013 Cape Argus Cycle Tour trip to Cape Town!
Fazielah Williams has lived in and loved her Mother City since birth. Having lived all over the Peninsula during her childhood, she now calls the picturesque City Bowl home and likes nothing more than watching the sun set over Table Bay from the window of her apartment.
A lover of the arts and proud Cape Town fanatic, Fazielah began her writing career by spending many hours as a child conjuring fantastical stories that featured independent heroines from faraway lands who saved the Prince instead. This Capetonian princess has enjoyed stints as a magical arts PRO and TV publicist before finding her calling as a travel writer.
When not waxing lyrical about the Fairest Cape’s most loved attractions and activities and embarking on unexpected adventures, Fazielah can usually be found taking in a show at one of the City’s fabulous theatres.
Cape Town has it all: beautiful views, breathtaking cycle routes and a never-ending mélange of fun and exciting things to do.
This year, Cape Town Tourism and partners are giving members of Cycling South Africa (CSA), or affiliates of CSA, the opportunity to win an all expenses paid inspirational trip for two to the Mother City, including flights, accommodation, car rental and city experiences, as well as entries to the 2013 Cape Argus Cycle Tour race.
Stay in luxurious hotels in and around the city for your beauty rest, and carbo-load for your big race day with gourmet meals at the Gold of Africa Restaurant. Enjoy a trip up our New7Wonder of Nature with the Table Mountain Cableway, take in the iconic attractions of Cape Town with the hop-on-hop-off City Sightseeing tour bus, get your adrenaline pumping with a paragliding flight, or indulge in some water activity with a scuba diving experience, and drive in style with the hottest car rental.
To win this fantastic prize, simply visit our stand at the 2012 Lifecycle Expo at the Good Hope Centre from March 8 to 10, 2012, and complete an entry form, or visit www.capetown.travel/content/page/cape-argus-cycle-tour for more information.
The prize includes:
- A one-night stay at the Grand Daddy Hotel in the city centre (includes accommodation, breakfast, carbo-loading buffet and entrance to live entertainment event)
- A two-night stay at the Townhouse Hotel & Conference Centre (includes accommodation and breakfast and dinner at the Trees Restaurant)
- A two-night stay at the luxurious Westin Cape Town Hotel (includes accommodation, breakfast, access to the Arabella Spa and complimentary scheduled shuttles to and from the V&A Waterfront)
- A Blue Rock Cable Water Ski & Scuba Dive experience ( includes entrance fees, skiing vouchers and equipment rental)
- Table Mountain Cableway tickets
- City Sightseeing Cape Town bus vouchers
- Four Paraglide SA hopper flights
- A tantalising dinner and interactive entertainment at the decadent Gold of Africa Restaurant
- Vehicle rental, courtesy of First Car Rental
Terms and conditions for the 2013 Cape Argus Cycle Tour competition:
1. Cape Town Tourism is the sponsor of the prize for the competition.
2. No staff member of the Cycle Tour Trust or Cape Town Tourism and/or any of its associated or affiliated companies, and/or agencies and staff members, or their immediate family, may enter the competition.
3. The competition winners shall be chosen in terms of a random draw of all entrants who have successfully entered the competition and answered the qualifying question correctly, where applicable. Competition entries will also be collated in other advertising and promotional mediums.
4. The entrant warrants that he/she is capable of cycling a distance of 110km. Furthermore, entrants must be South African citizens residing in South Africa, at least 16 years of age, and must have a licence to participate. Therefore, it is required of the winner and partner to be a member of Cycling South Africa (CSA) or affiliates of CSA (of which PPPA is one).
5. The competition closes January 31, 2013, and winners will be notified telephonically and by email on February 5, 2013. If the winners cannot be contacted (voicemail excluded) by close of business on February 6, 2013, Cape Town Tourism reserves the right to reallocate the prize awarded, or to forfeit the prize. In case of unavailability of any prize, Cape Town Tourism reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
6. The winners have five days from being contacted to accept their prize. If this is not adhered to, Cape Town Tourism reserves the right to reallocate the prize awarded, or to forfeit the prize.
7. Cape Town Tourism will not accept responsibility for loss of entries through technical fault, transmission delays or incomplete entries.
8. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, which result in cancellation of the 2013 Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour, Cape Town Tourism reserves the right to offer alternative prizes.
9. The prize winner and partner will receive one place in the 2013 Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour event. This is a prize for the 2013 race only; it is not transferable to future years and is non-refundable.
10. Prizes are not transferable and no substitutions or cash equivalents are permitted. If the prize is not claimed within the specified time limit the prize will be forfeited. Entrants waive the right to claim as a cost of winning any prize, any or all costs or expenses associated with redemption or travel to redeem.
11. The prize must be taken, and travel completed, as per the dates of the prize. Blackout dates and restrictions may apply. Dates will be set and communicated upon notification.
12. By entering the prize draw, entrants will be deemed to be bound by and have accepted these terms and conditions.
13. Entrants agree that if they win, the Cycle Tour Trust and Cape Town Tourism, and anyone providing a service to the Cycle Tour Trust and Cape Town Tourism related to the management, coordination or fulfillment of the prize, shall have the right and permission to use their names, voices, cities/counties of residence, photographs, and/or likenesses for publicity purposes. Entrants agree that the name and country of the winners will also be available on the Cape Town Tourism website.
14. Cape Town Tourism and its sponsors may use any entrant information obtained in this promotional competition for purposes of conducting further promotional communication.
15. Entry warrants that winners are able to manage their personal and professional affairs in order to attend the prize event, which includes attending the Lifecycle Expo prior to race day.
16. Cape Town Tourism, and its affiliates and/or sponsors, accept no liability for any personal injury or illness sustained while each of the prize winners are training for, travelling to, or competing in, the 2013 Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour.
17. Each prize winner agrees to undertake a medical examination with a qualified practitioner, such as their registered GP, prior to commencing a training programme for the 2013 Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour. The cost of this examination will be for the winners own account.
18. It is each prize winner’s responsibility to inform Cape Town Tourism of any medical condition which will prevent them from taking part in, or completing, the 2013 Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour.
19. Cape Town Tourism accepts no liability for any unforeseen event which results in the 2013 Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour being delayed, cancelled or rescheduled.
20. The judge’s decision shall be final and no correspondence in this regard, will be entered into.
21. Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressor.
22a. The Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour promotion winner will be drawn and shall be entitled to the prize as described.
22b. All expenses not expressly stated in the package description, including but not limited to meals, ground transportation, passport and visa fees, security fees, travel insurance costs, taxes, petrol or otherwise are the sole responsibility of the winner. Cape Town Tourism will not replace any lost or stolen vouchers or certificates.
22c. A full prize list can be viewed on www.capetown.travel