July 01, 2014
Win a Road Trip in Cape Town Competition: and the winner is…
Three weeks, 740 entries and there could only be one winner … Congratulations to Troy Smith, the lucky winner of our Win a Road Trip in Cape Town competition!
The competition, held from Monday 9 to Monday 23 June, 2014, to celebrate our new mobile visitor information centre, #Thando’s maiden voyage through the Western Cape; saw fans of our I ♥ Cape Town Facebook page guessing where the vehicle and her team mates were stationed during their exhilarating trip for the chance to win fantastic daily prizes and for an entry into the main prize draw.
Guessing where #Thando was everyday was certainly not easy since our colourful mobi-ambassador was seen visiting key attractions and venues all over Langebaan, Swellendam, Tulbagh and more and only the most cryptic of clues were published each day.
Still, Smith preserved and is now R 30 000 richer in experiences for it!
So what’s got him smiling so broadly from ear to ear? Why, his AMAZING grand prize, of course. This envy-worthy treasure trove of experiences includes:
- A three night stay at the Tsogo Sun Southern Sun Waterfront in the Cape Town City Centre, living it up in style with bed and breakfast
- Rental of a classy Avis vehicle because you need wheels for his road trip.
- A foodie and sightseeing wonder of nature experience with four Table Mountain Aerial Cableway return tickets and a Table Mountain Café voucher.
- An (almost) edge of the world adventure with Cape Point in the Table Mountain National Park entrance tickets and an experience on the Flying Dutchman Funicular.
- A spectacular Peninsula Tour.
- One of our favourite scenic activities, vouchers for the City Sightseeing Bus ‘hop on and hop off’ red bus.
- A chance to get up close and personal with Nemo and his marine buddies with four entry tickets to the Two Oceans Aquarium as well as an Eco-Marine Excursion on the Oceans Explorer.
- A birds ’eye view of the Mother City awaits with a complimentary ride on the Wheel of Excellence at the V&A Waterfront.
- Getting a musical take on the true Kaapse Stories with dinner and entertainment at Richard’s Supper Stage& Bistro in Sea Point.
- The opportunity to chill with the cute African Penguins with his entry fees to their home, Boulder’s Beach
- A two hour City Sightseeing Side Car Adventures experience.
- A dinner and movie experience at the Twelve Apostles Hotel&Spa in Camps Bay.
- The ultimate Winelands adventure, a Franschhoek Wine Tram experience.
- Four entry tickets to the lush, green Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden.
- A cash card to the value of R2 000.
“I’ve just won a R 30 000 prize to experience Cape Town! I feel amazing!” says the exultant winner.
Asked why he adores the Mother City, Smith says: “What’s not to love about Cape Town – we’ve got the mountain and the seas, it’s a great place to live in and experience.”
Enjoy the Roadtrip, Troy Smith!
The Win a Road Trip competition winner was selected by an independent auditing system.