May 08, 2013
Where Would You Rather Be Wednesdays in Cape Town: things to do
Quite frankly, Mother City lovers, I’d much rather be in the arms of the gorgeous Jon Bon Jovi, overlooking the view of the city from the top of Table Mountain on this delightful autumn Wednesday in Cape Town ...
We skipped last week’s Where Would You Rather Be Wednesdays, so let me give you a few suggestions for where you should be spending this Hump Day:
- Get connected: the Mother City is home to a variety of coffee shops with free wifi, which allows you to savour great brews and do some people-watching while catching up on email and Facebook stalking
- Keep it sweet: nothing cheers me up quite like the creative and fabulous Charly’s Bakery’s delectable cupcakes. This awesome sweet spot is in the heart of the innovative Fringe District, and well worth a visit
- Admiring the city views: whether you’re an exercise nut or a mere nature-lover, the views of our gorgeous hometown from Signal Hill, Lion’s Head and Table Mountain are just amazing
- Snuggle up and keep warm: nothing beats cosying up to your beloved in front of a fireplace, so be sure to get the heat going at Rick’s Café Americain in Gardens and our other top restaurants with fireplaces
- Brush up on your history: Cape Town has a rich and diverse history, and you can trace her evolution from coastal port village to the World Design Capital she is now, with a series of walking tours or by visiting her award-winning museums
So, you have my suggestions, now how about sending me a few of your own? You know how to do so, right? Let me know Where You Would Rather Be this Wednesday in Cape Town by posting a comment on this blog post, send me an email at email@example.com, post your photos and suggestions on our Facebook fanpage or tag us on Twitter.