July 12, 2010
The curtain goes down on Africa’s first-ever World Cup: Pictures
The 2010 FIFA World Cup™, Africa’s first, has been the talk of the town for the past month and last night it came to an exciting end at Soccer City in Johannesburg.
The closing event of this spectacular tournament displayed the unique and colourful spirit that South Africans and Africa as a continent possess.
Africa can be proud of hosting a wonderful World Cup. Picture courtesy of FIFA.com
Colombian musician Shakira. Picture courtesy of FIFA.com
Yolanthe Cabau van Kasbergen, Wesley Sneijder’s girlfriend, at the World Cup final. Picture courtesy of FIFA.com
The finalists singing their national anthems. Picture courtesy of Toby Shapshak
- The closing ceremony: Pictures
- 2010 World Cup™ closing ceremony with a touch of Madiba magic
- Spain fans in Cape Town celebrate World Cup win
- World Cup final festivities at Cape Town FIFA Fan Fest™
- World Cup winners’ road to finals went via Cape Town
- Fans keep warm at V&A Waterfront for 2010 FIFA World Cup™ final 1
- Fans descend on V&A Waterfront for 2010 FIFA World Cup™ final – Photos