May 06, 2014
Spread some winter warming magic with the #TBD2014 Blanket Drive
For most of us, winter in #lovecapetown means cozy fireside snuggles and hearty dinners with friends. But it is also a brutal period, dreaded by the many who don't have shelter or the basic luxury of a blanket.
YOU can help the less fortunate through the simple act of donating a warm blanket to the Twitter Blanket Drive, a.k.a. #TBD2014.
HOW IT WORKS
The Twitter Blanket Drive started wth a single tweet back in 2010, and has been making a difference in the lives of thousands ever since.
The project is mainly promoted via Twitter - supporters are encouraged to use the #TBD2014 hashtag - and is coordinated by a group of dedicated (and amazing) volunteers who organise drop-off points and events around the country.
At the end of May, every single collected blanket will be handed over to a number of NPOs for distribution among those who need it most.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Getting involved is as easy as buying a blanket and taking it to any one of the following drop-off points BEFORE 29 May:
- The Fire and Ice Hotel (200 Bree Street, Cape Town. It's also the main drop-off point, and where the official handover of all blankets will be done on 29 May)
- Cape Town Tourism, Burg Street
- Cape Town Tourism, Muizenberg
- Cape Town Tourism, Blaauwberg
- Cape Town Tourism, Somerset West
- Growth Space (2nd Floor, Oudehuis Centre, 122 Main Road, Somerset West)
- TygerBurger offices (Bloemhof Building, c/o Bloemhof and Edward Streets, Bellville)
- Metamorphasize (Asar Mini Mall, Belgravia Road, Athlone)
If you want to do one good deed this winter, donate a blanket and make a difference. It'll warm a fellow Capetonian, and your heart.
Twitter: www.twitter.com/TBDAfrica (remember to use the #TBD2014 hashtag when you talk about the Blanket Drive)
All images, courtesy of the Twitter Blanket Drive.