July 27, 2009
Now and then
Photo courtesy Etienne du Plessis (see more old photos of Cape Town under his Flickr profile).
Look at the old Table Mountain Cableway, for example – it has become a lot more high-tech with a rotating floor and huge windows, ensuring that all passengers get a 360-degree aerial view as they head up the mountain.
Photo courtesy Tiffany Turkington-Palmer
We will be running a “now and then” feature over the next couple of weeks, showing old photographs of Cape Town (taken circa 1950-1970) followed by recent pictures of the same areas, and we would love you to participate.
Do you have recent pictures of:
- The railway station in the city centre
- Newlands Rugby Stadium
- Kalk Bay Harbour
- Newlands Crickets Grounds
- The Sea Point esplanade
- A view of Hout Bay looking out towards the ocean
- The Total petrol station in Sea Point
- The beachfront at Rocklands Beach, near Sea Point
- The intersection at Adderley and Strand Streets?
Please send them to email@example.com. Photographers will be credited for any images used on the Cape Town Tourism blog.